The Migros Pioneer Fund supports pioneering projects in the midst of social change. The development fund was founded in 2012 as a voluntary commitment by the companies of the Migros Group. With its independent approach, the Migros Pioneer Fund supplements the funding activities of the Migros Culture Percentage.
- scout pioneering projects within defined parameters and do not accept applications.
- support pioneering projects for three to five years, both financially and with coaching from our Pioneerlab
- offer networking and drive the exchange of experiences. We bring pioneers together with kindred spirits at public incentive events.
- use 10% of the dividends of the companies of the Migros Group from the business segments financial services, retail and travel: Migros Bank, Denner, Migrol, Migrolino, Globus, Ex Libris, Office World/iba and Hotelplan. This comes to approximately 10 million Swiss francs every year.
- work towards future-proof solutions, doing pioneering work in a socially important area.
- do not focus on services, but on the intended effect of those services. They continuously test these effects and gauge them against suitable indicators.
- place value on discussing mistakes openly. Our project partners document their findings and openly share their experiences – for both successes and failures.
- are sustainable in that they increasingly become financially independent or have the potential to find long-term financial support.
- are considered to be role models that can be copied and further developed.